What is the most important component to consider while building a new system?

I recently viewed a You Tube video featuring Paul McGowan from PS Audio discussing the most important component when building a new system. I love Paul's video's and feel they bring a personalized touch to the discussions of all things audio. In the video mentioned Paul took a generalized approach in stating the speakers were the most important component to consider and that the relevant importance of each successive component rested in the chain down stream of the speakers. I am writing this to humbly disagree. I am in the mist of building a new system from scratch over the past 9 months. It has been my experience that if proper care is taken to the quality of the amp. pre-amp. and cables (with an emphasis on cables) you can get away with relatively inexpensive speakers that sound better than they have a right to. This is my own opinion based on recent experiences.
scottya118
There is a solution even to this. But I can't decide if the most component is the bowl, the water pipe, or the green bud?
At Deer Creek Audio, we believe that the best way to achieve amazing fidelity is by combining excellent speakers and a quality power amp with an optimized digital source that leverages Dirac Live system room correction.

There are many high quality speakers and amplifiers in the under $10,000 range that are truly superb. Combine them with good quality cables, which don’t need to be expensive, just exhibit good neutral transmission characteristics.

Finally, the system is truly optimized using direct digital inputs and processing with Dirac Live. If you'd like to learn more about the benefits of Dirac, feel free to contact us at Deer Creek Audio. 

https://deercreekaudio.com/