What is the most dramatic way of increasing a speaker's Bass and Low mid?

Hi-

I am wondering what would give the most dramatic increase in bass and low mid projection/Volume, even on account of accuracy ...

My speakers can go down to 28hz but i need to boost it’s level, not frequency extension. They are 2 way with bass reflex port. 6.5" woofer size and a tweeter. Floor standing.

My floor is old hardwood strips.

placement and coupling methods are the first things that come to mind. I do not want to add an equalizer at this point.

Spikes, footers, concrete platform, direct floor flush contact? anything and everything that YOU know works.
Speculations on untested methods are not needed as i need real life experience from people.

Thanks!
Rea

128x128dumbeat
After years of merry-go-rounding with electronics for a fuller bodied presentation without resorting to equalization I dug out my DIY JBL two way horns and bingo. Unfortunately the delicacy of imaging and sound staging suffered greatly.

My solution was quite simple and has adapted with all my subsequent speakers.

After re-reading your response your, "talking about the speakers themselves." Other than looking at the Stereophile Measurements response curve dipping in that region then quickly dropping off, I've got nothing. Good luck with that. 
Why not download REW (it’s free) and drop 100$ on a USB mic with a calibration file. Next, measure your system. Perhaps moving your speakers around may help, perhaps not. I suspect that your 6.5” drivers are just too small but you really need to measure. Look at nearfield response first which will show pretty much what the speaker is capable of, then measure the response at the sweet spot which will add the room response. After that you won’t be guessing anymore. 
Shall I suggest the E word: EQUALIZER!!!!

Or less radical moving speakers closer to walls and corners pretty much always helps boost the bass, but often at teh expense of 3-d sound stage and imaging so a dilemma there..

Equalizers....much easier, more adjustable  and to the point! If you need one you need one. 
I was an early adopter of the Loki EQ...don't use it much as I like to keep signals as clean as possible, but when I do use the thing it's great. The adjustment sweep is sort of "front loaded" meaning they do their thing with larger effect initially, but sensibly designed...mine stays in the preamp to amp line, on but out of the circuit...so it's ready! I've noticed it's amazing electronic transparency, and tested that by removing it from the rig and returning it with no audible difference...even with obviously longer cable runs to make it fit. Get one, try it, send it back if you can't make it work for you. Done.