What is the best USED Speaker Under $10,000

REAL WORLD PRICES

Considering AudiogoN prices - You can buy many fantastic used $20,000+ Speakers for under the magic $10,000 level.

This is really a different topic than previous questions in this forum.

I've bought Avalon Eidolons, Joseph Audio Pearls, Wilson Watt Puppy 6's and others for (slightly) under 10K

I would love to hear from other A'goners their opinions on what are the best you can do - for under 10K (Or even a "little bit more").

Thanks for sharing your opinions!
Ag insider logo xs@2xjprice

Showing 1 response by chazzbo

Cripes what a question.Best and in ultimate sonics or best VALUE?Assuming you mean former and I would go listen to B&W 803 @$8K with incredidible new Diamond tweeter and bass that equals former 802N or hear 802D.Read reviews.Revels(maybe buy used) are big with HT crown.I'd also go listen to Avantgardes Uno/Duo and buy used with good SET.Since you've been through some of the best and not be satisfied.Maybe the $20K Aerial used in tough bargain used buy.Had fantastic reviews.But damn you didn't like the Pearls?You should probably make sure you have good sources,cables,dedicated line/power codntioning that would allow speakers to perform.Garbage at beginning of chain can't be perfumed over and you are taling about a ruthlessly revealing level of speakers so also check up line and make sure you don't have weak link holding you up.Lastly if not intimidated by latest tech check out DEQX pre/pro.First read NHT Xd review in Stereophile online than 6moons.com reviuew of the $3,600 preocessoir itself.Might be the future of Hifi as much or vene more than digital amps.Had buddy make a pair of 20 year old Dahlquist sound as good as a $10K Class A stereophile speaker by tecking the old speakers and tweaking not only room but speaker itself (takes over crossovers in digital domain and optomizes signal to make cabinest,drivers etc work to their optimal limits whioch just powering up a pair of speakers being fed power does not do.I am a tube and LP guy but have been thinking about buying in myself with my glass power amp and $7500 German horn speakers to see what happens.It's tech not for the tech phobic but might,again be the future.
Chazzbo
G'luck
Chazzbo