What is the best USB cable under $500 for a natural presentation and good detail ?

I have had a bunch of usb cables the vast majority are well over $500 for a 1 meter cable.   , I need a good usb cable  for new dac in my other audio system.

128x128audioman58

Showing 2 responses by mitch2

@ozzy62 - I can’t reliably break down benefits specifically attributable to the split version vs. the "Discrete" non-split version of the TRL cable. I have owned and listened to split cables before such as the ifi Gemini, where the signal and power wires are split, and to cables where the power conductor is spaced away from the signal conductors, such as the Wireworld Starlight 7. I have also had DACs where the 5V power was not required (it was supplied internally by the DAC) and with those I was able to run a normal USB cable without the power conductor being powered.

I directly compared the TRL Split USB Cable with the Curious USB Cable (original), the Totaldac D1 filtered USB cable, and the ifi Gemini USB Cable. In general, I found the TRL cable provided a combination of attributes (i.e., detail, tone, and dynamics), that combined to present a sound quality that works for me compared to the other cables I have tried in the price range indicated by the OP.