What is the best USB cable under $500 for a natural presentation and good detail ?

I have had a bunch of usb cables the vast majority are well over $500 for a 1 meter cable.   , I need a good usb cable  for new dac in my other audio system.

128x128audioman58

Showing 1 response by melm

It is all system dependent. What may work for someone else may not work for you.  You'll never know what will work for you until you try it.  I was using an expensive solid core silver cable (in fact tried 2 different ones) for a DAC. These cables gave extra extension at both ends of the spectrum and added body. Then I changed my DAC to one with plenty of that extension and body and went back to an inexpensive solid core copper, Audioquest Pearl. Happy with that for the moment But it’s a continuing search for the best, not necessarily the most expensive! I suggest some experimentation first with cheap cables. Try the beautifully made Monoprice Monolith (solid core silver plated), for example. It may surprise you.  https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=33463

I can’t comment on splitting the power from the data as my DACs have provided power internally, not receiving any throught the cable.