what is the best sounding speakers for under 5000.

looking to replace psb stratus golds. which floor standing speakers would you recommend that would be an impovement for a listener of classic rock. using vincent 236 integrated with jolida 100 cd player. best for under 5000.
vikingnick

Showing 2 responses by rose75

Vortrex, I have been following the Vapor Audio Cirrus threads on Audio Circle and recently here. I am also interested in your findings due to the fact that a finished Cirrus speaker looks absolutely stunning and the cabinet looks to be built better than any DIY I have seen. I have been interested in the Evolution Acoustics monitor as well but there is a pretty good buzz going on with the Cirrus both good and bad. Anyone who waits 8 months for a pair and finds a cosmetic blem or two but then backs this up with being happy in the end sounds ok to me.
Toddnkaya, a true test for sure would be the MMMone on your system compared to the Breeze. More realistic. I have been waiting to see more people respond to the Evolution speaker but I haven't seen much.
I also don't know that the Breeze could hang with the Cirrus based off what I have read comparing the two side by side in the same listening room. Nobody has ever said the Breeze was better in a direct comparison. Only people at AK Fest mentioned they thought the Breeze room was better than the Cirrus room. Put them in the same room and you will more than likely will have a different oppinion of the Cirrus. I think the Cirrus would need a good sized room to really open up. Too bad people can't get them in a timely manner though. It is a hit and miss with delivery.