What is the best solid state amplifier you have ever heard?

What is the best solid state amplifier you have ever heard?
jozurr
Nelson Pass kit - based on SITs, which have linearity and soft clipping similar to triodes. Makes about 25 watts.
D’Agostino, Luxman, Ayre are my top favorites right now.

I find their sound in sharp contrast with Pass, which is really not for me.
I once heard a Technical Brain amp at a show. It was the only time I liked a SS amp more than any of the tube amps next door. 

I don't remember if it was the integrated (it probably was) or separates.
It is hard for say what are the best amps I've heard, given the variability of setups, rooms, other components, etc., but, I can say I've hear some nice sounds from systems that used certain amps.  I've consistently heard nice sound from systems with Ayre electronics, so I suspect their amps are decent.  I've heard two First Watt amps, one in my own system (J-2) and another in my friend's system (SIT).  The SIT amp was actually his own build, based on schematics provided by First Watt.  I've heard a couple of decent sounding systems with D'Agostino amps, so they are probably top contenders as far as my particular preferences go.   I recently heard a couple different amps from the current lineup from Luxman, and they sounded good; I was particularly impressed with a low-powered integrated that seems to be quite nice for the money.

I've heard systems with top contenders, like Soulution and Constellation; the systems did not do anything for me, but, I cannot separate out the contribution of the amps, so I have no opinion about their sound.

A friend who is, like me, very much into the sound of lower-powered tube amps, said that he liked the sound from a system powered by Bridge Audio Labs (BALabo); that company is out of business and the amp was a six figure item.