What is the best audiophile speaker for a tiny square room?

I currently have Soundlabs M545 electrostatic speakers in my 9 x 11ft room. They are great speakers particularly for this small room because they are more directional than box speakers and therefore decrease sidewall reflections. However, like other electrostatics, they are hard to drive and require big amps (>200W), which tend to generate a lot of heat. Class Ds don't go well with ES speakers. Are there great easy to drive speakers that would work well in this room without compromising SQ?
128x128chungjh
" Although my Soundlab panels sound great, one thing that bothers me in this small space is that they are like monuments standing in front of me blocking my imaginary sound stage. " 

Have you tried listening with the lights off, to eliminate distracting visual cues? 

Duke
" What amps do people suggest? "

Quicksilver Sixty Watt Mono amps would be my choice. I run Mini Monos with my Martin Logans or Triangles and they are sweet sounding amps.   
@chungjh - I understand about the psychological effect of huge speakers. That is one reason I rejected some and chose the Janszen Valentinas. They are not large, and I feel more comfortable in my room than with huge speakers looming over me.

But of course, the great sound is the main reason I chose them. I think it would be easier for you to move to the Janszens, which are electrostatic hybrids, than move to a dynamic speaker like the LS-50. (I also think that the Janszens are cleaner and better balanced than the LS-50.)

I am not connected to Janszen other than as a customer. I don't recommend them to everyone, but they seem to meet your requirements well (easy to place, good in smaller rooms, and great sound).
@chungjh Yesterday I was testing out how loud I could take my speakers since I am replacing the tweeter and midrange (COAX) next week on my Thiel CS3.7. So if I blew them no big deal.

Normally I sit with my back to the speakers with my head looking into 4 feet of closet space (my computer monitors). Since I was doing a special listening session yesterday, I thought I would try to optimize the sitting position. So I turned around and faced the speakers.

There was a dramatic change in my perception of the sound just because I was looking at the speakers. The speakers did not disappear as before. I changed the volume to various levels and still the same issue. I think the small room is the cause of this. Likely a bit of claustrophobia at work.

I just put my KEF LS50s back into the room (the old Thiel drivers are now removed) and the same thing. Looking at the speakers takes some of the magic away. When I first setup this room, I thought it was a bummer that I could not face the speakers but it turned out to be a stroke of luck.

BTW - I do not know if it is the lack of bass on the LS50 but the difference in sound quality between the LS50 and the CS3.7 (in my small room) is massively favoring the CS3.7. The LS50s is sounding as perfect as it can but the floorstander makes such a dramatic improvement. I think any of the floorstanders I listed before would have had similar results.