What is "rich mans" DL-103?

Hi there

I have lived with several top cartiridges like Transfiguration Esprit, Transfiguration Temper and DRT XV-1s. Some time ago I decided to give the XV-1s a rest and mounted a DL-103 (nuded on a Cartridgeman Isolator). Although the XV-1s is a beautiful performer, I have fallen for the DL's body, energy and musical impact. Of course I miss the delicacy of the top cartridges, so I wonder, is there a rich mans DL-103 that has the quality of the 103 and add some detail, top end and finesse.
My guess is Kondo IO but that is just a guess.

Best

Theo
freshpuma

Showing 2 responses by freshpuma

Hi there.

Thank you all for the replies and good suggestions. I have a gut feeling that the way to go for me is the SPU. Right now I have a TW Raven AC with Graham Phantom, so that combo is out of the question. But I have a Thorens TD 124 with Ortofon arm on the shelf waiting for a plinth, so there I have the right arm and table to try one out and listen if that is the way to go.

Best

Theo
Fjn04:

SPU comes integrated in a "G" or "A" style headshell so it don't fit the Graham. One could use the SPU N which will fit, but it has very low compliance and should have a heavier tonearm.

Plinko: When I try the SPU, I will come back to this thread.

Theo