what is an ideal tube amp

I have recently purchased a new pair of ClassicAudioLoudspeakers T-3,I believe there efficiency is about 105db/w-m .for my bedroom system.The impedance of the speaker is 16 ohms (varies between 10-20 ohms) I am presently powering them with a Gryphon Antileon Signature biased at 50 watts for class A.The sound is wonderful imaging is perfect in all three dimensions with fantastic clarity and non fatiguing,but very sensitive to sweet spot.I am told by that horn speakers sound best with tube amps,particularly set amps.
I have not had a tube power amp for over 25 years and that was a poor experience.Where I live there are not to much choice of audio dealers who support tube equipment.That means that I may have to purchase an amplifier without the ability to audition it in my system.I need help ,most tube amps I have seen looked at do not have a 16 ohms speakers tap,does that matter??I particular a 10watt amp with only output at 8 ohms I would lose half the power which may not be adequate?I would like to avoid mortgaging the house for cost of the amp,in other words those very unique Japanese amps with a price of $5,000 per watt are out.I do prefer balanced inputs as my Meridian 861V6 has XLR outputs,I use the Sooloos system extensively,however I can also use my Einstein preamp could with all my sources,Zanden transport,DAC or for sacd the Accuphase 800/801 combo.
I would also prefer a trouble free tube amp which does not require constant tuning or tweaking.I listen primarily to classical music.Your counsel will be greatly appreciated.
ramy

Showing 1 response by mt10425

I power Cain & Cain Abbys (95db) to fairly loud (not concert) volumes in my medium (17 x 35 w/vaulted ceilings) room with an upgraded Sophia Electric Baby amp (10w).