What is an Audiophile? Here's the list for newbies.

An audiophile would spend a full day listen to just 1 track over and over

An audiophile would skip family dinner to stay with his audio system (if he had a choice)

An audiophile would stare in a space between the front speakers for hours

An audiophile will constantly find way to improve his system. (Once he found it, he became a music lover)

An audiophile would prefer a stereo 2-ch as his main system

An audiophile would not use a passive or active equalizer

An audiophile would drive a shitty car that’s worth less than his speaker cables

An audiophile may had tried an interconnect cable’s that cost more than his cdp

An audiophile would avoid using an additional active powered subwoofer

An audiophile will have a collection of CDs or records of instrumental music and classical, jazz, vocals more than today's hip hop, country, gospel, new age, disco.

An audiophile will not engage to his co-worker's newly purchased home theater set up

An audiophile will not own 1 complete brand new system purchased from the store in his life time

An audiophile in America will have an AudioGon account

So, are you an audiophile?

*** This is just for fun so have fun and thank you for reading.
128x128nasaman
Before every critical listening session a real audiophile consults SpaceWeather.com for the latest information regarding Geomagnetic storms, solar flare activity, sun spots, near-Earth asteroids and meteor showers.

I think mg16 is the WINNER! 
Sez: "" An audiophile is someone who, when they are not listening to music through their system, is thinking about listening to music through their system. ""

And when the audiophile gets home and sits down to listen to their system.........starts picking on the shortcomings, thinking what next to change/improve.
I think mg16 is the WINNER! 
Sez: "" An audiophile is someone who, when they are not listening to music through their system, is thinking about listening to music through their system. ""

And when the audiophile gets home and sits down to listen to their system.........starts picking on the shortcomings, thinking what next to change/improve.

And then the next day.....the audiophile sits down, listens and is amazed by how good his system sounds....is filled with gratification for all the time effort invested and sits proud.
Excellent, fun,  posts as above- All.Owning multiple copies of your fave CD/LP/SACD/DVD-A is the way to go.My practice advises to start with the original pressing then move forward towards Audiophile labels and/or re-mastering editions for best outcome.
Happy Listening!

And of course my answer is, someone who is stepping beyond plug & play. We have HEA trophy collecting audiophiles and music lovers but for me the audiophile has a drive to go beyond. When your system goes beyond brand names and you are understanding the signal path itself and the hobby turns up side down for you all over again because you have enter a different realm than the one you were in before.

It's the level of tuning the variables and making your system a tool for listening with you in control of the adjusting. The price tag no longer means anything, because your system has become a connected chain, including every inch of the room. The faceplates are gone along with most of the chassis and you are left with 3 equal parts Electrical, Mechanical and Acoustical. The system is not shoved into a living room compromising everything that came before it, but instead the listening room is a shrine where you tip toe in and take in the reverence of what is taking place.

Being an audiophile is a lifestyle as well as a hobby, and doesn't get measured by your neighbors system but only by what we create in that moment.

Being an audiophile for me is SoundStage worshipping. All the other talk about what playback is goes in one ear and out the other cause we know we're going SoundStaging tonight. The 360 SoundStage rules every thing and getting that out of every recording we have is the goal. The real audiophile knows no bad recording, but has figured out how to tune for every occasion.

Michael Green