what is a right IC for my current setup

I am using a Techincs A-10 as my CD player, goes directly to my Krell pwr-amp, I use an old Cardas between the pwr-amp and the B&W 801. ( previously I was using an Audible Illusion L1 as the preamp). I am thinking of upgrading my IC between the DVD player and the pwr-amp. Would a Cardas Neutral reference or a Audience AU-24 a good match. I am thinking of either changind the DVD player to a SACD player.
lionhrt

Showing 2 responses by carl109

A "sensible" priced power cable is the one supplied in the box with your Krell, the same cable they do their R&D with.

I know there's many who swear by super-dooper PC's (and who's opinion I respect), but I just can't imagine how a higher grade PC than your household wiring can make any difference. IMHO, the old adage "a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link" applies to your power supply; unless you run a dedicated line back to your fuse-box, then there's little point in using anything more than a well-made standard quality power cord.
Fair enough Darrell, although my system probably isn't resolving enough to warrant an aftermarket PC. (NAD c320 amp, Cambridge 640c v2 CD player, B&W 602 speakers).

I know some argue that a PC acts like a filter, but from a purely objective point of view it shouldn't do so. If a PC is of equal or better quality as the cabling behind your wall socket, it should't have any negative effect on your system. How it can improve it is a mystery to me, and will probably remain so!