What is a descent amp to run cerwin vega e715

Hi i have been looking around for a powerfull amp/power amp to run these cerwin vega e715s that i have just recently bought but do not want to blow my power amp. Any ideas?
I am currently running a pair of bose 301 direct reflecting speakers with an RA500 Alesis power amp plus a 31 band per side equaliser plus a sound enhancement processor and so on.....I was told the ra500 would be ok but am after some audiophile advice.
any help would be appreciated thanks.
wwwterrileestarfe9b

Showing 1 response by steuspeed

Your Cerwin Vega's are 102 db sensitive. This means you don't need much power to drive these. Double your power and you increase loudness by 3db. 1W=102db 2W=105db... 35-40 Watts would be plenty. If you are in the UK you might look at UK brands like Arcam, Roksan, Creek, NAD and Naim. These are considered mid-fi brands but probably can be had at a similar price to the Alesis RA500. Many products form these manufactures are not far behind referece quality and certainly ahead of most consumer and pro-audio gear.

If you have a budget let us know. Would you consider a integrated amp? Do you require rack mount? It looks like you are coming from the pro-audio world. I think you will find that most people on this board are purist that shy away from EQ's and processors. Less is more on the reproduction side. Lets say you have a lot of upside potential ;)