What integrated beats AES Sixpacs? Budget $3500

Hello,

I had a set of AES Sixpacs awhile ago, and while they sounded nice, I wasn't all that impressed, thinking that they didn't really be a decent SS amp (the CJ MF-2250a being a recent solid performer in my system). I ended up getting rid of the Sixpacs. Due to space downsizing, I currently have no amp/preamp, and rather than try the whole mix and match thing, I would just like to get a good integrated and be done with it. I was considering a SS amp and tube preamp, but really, if I can get a decent integrated at the same price, I would be happy. I could spend up to $3500, but would like to keep it under $2500 (used is fine).

A nice tube integrated would be sweet (if it was a little better than the Sixpac tubes) or a great solid-state unit that is sweet and rich (tubey).

Speakers are SF Cremona (which I am planning on purchasing) or perhaps the Grand Piano Domu (SF sale on now!). Tastes toward jazz, rock, electronic, orchestral.
komaki

Showing 1 response by mijknarf

I see a Jadis DA60 integrated amp for sale here (no affiliation) that I bet would sound very very good. Good luck with your hunt!