What Have I Bought?

I saw a pair of large Advent speakers listed on CL by a seller whom I've bought other items from before. The pictures looked like the bullnose version of the speakers, and that's all I needed to know. The pictures showed the speakers to be in almost-mint condition, so I plunked down the money via PayPal and drove the 70 miles to pick them up the following weekend. I was more than pleased when I saw them...even the documentation (2 sheets) on the back of the speakers was in near-mint shape. Gorgeous walnut cabinets, but they weren't the bullnose edition specifically, although they did have a beveled front that is semi-bullnose. I know that Advent produced several versions of the large model and am not sure which one these are. The sound is to die for....flat, uncolored, and unbelievably well-balanced. Doesn't stand out in any particular way, but you just want to keep listening for hours. Anyone that might recognize which model these are please respond. Henry Kloss was a flat-out genius.
discnik

Showing 1 response by allenf1963

@crustycoot -- Sounds like you got high just fine without Hi-Fi.  It was special, high times in the '70's when Brown Columbian with buds no bigger than a penny (and loaded with seeds) hit town to replace the Ditchweed Mexican.  Don't know how many concert tour T-Shirts were baptized with burn holes.