WHAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU? ISOLATION PLATFORMS, FOOTERS, ETC. for a DAC?

What is reasonable to expect in SQ gain with respect to a DAC, since there are no actively moving parts?

Footers only? Platforms only? Or is a combination of both best?

Keeping this open ended (as well as budget wise) to see what Audiogon Members recommend and advise.

However, thoughts on Gains v.s. Spend with the specific products you are recommending are welcome and will be very helpful.

The only footers I have used in the past are those from Herbie's Audio Lab.  I have used two different 'audio' racks (which have been dismantled) and I am using their shelves as isolation platforms for my speakers and other components (but not the DACs).

The DACs in use are a Schiit Yggdrasil and an Exogal Comet Plus. The stock rubber footers with the Yggdrasil are as basic as they come; The Comet has an acrylic plate with rounded metal screws.

THANK YOU!
david_ten
Following up on Mike's suggestion I can also strongly recommend  the Herzan products. Probably the best place to start with them is under turntables or Transports. I have my Turntable on a TS-150. They are very expensive however so I think you can experiment with other solutions first. 
Heavy brass footers into heavy wood platforms under my amps.  This is too much for a small piece and you can overdamp, as some have pointed out. It smothers the sound. If you use tubes, like I do, damping is important and more of a necessity.
@randy-11: I've been on the Uptone bandwagon for some time now and was in the first wave for the Iso-Regen. I haven't brought it in-system yet...too many changes going on at present...I want the system to be fully stable before I test the Iso-Regen in the chain and where in the chain it might be useful.

If you re-read my original post, I do have the Comet Plus. Thanks.

Get some Herbies isolation feet and try it they are inexpencive and worth the money.

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/index.htm

i mean $14 each get three and try it not alot of money waisted if you don’t like them and that will eliminat a majority of this type of isolation systems out there regardless of how other companies dress them up and charge more.

thier record mat is fantastic by the way

One of my fav DIY isolation projects is bungee cords suspended from an aluminum frame (it could be a wood frame, too). By angling the bungee cords - one to each corner of a maple plate - you can effectively isolate in almost all 6 directions of interest. I built one of these babies for a DVD player but it could be for just about anything. Select the stiffness of the bungee cords based on the load. I got my aluminum frame at a junk metal place. Easy as pie.