what exactly is ht bypass

ok..so here is the issue..i have a ht setup now..i want to get a tube pre for music...ones with ht bypass...what do they do exactly..can i run my mains and sub from it and use my receiver for center and surround?
dan001

Showing 3 responses by dan001

thanx guys....this seems to be one of those things i really cant wrap my head round for some reason..odd as i have dismanteld..and 'remantled'..lol..my system a hundred times..let me tell u my system..perhaps that will give u guys a better idea here..currently i have a yamaha receiver..connected to a dreadnaught amp..3 channel....so..i have the outs from yammy going to L R C on theta..and surrounds and sub powered by yammy. I want to add a pre tube because i love listening to music. So..the pre has 2 outputs and an 'ht bypass'....one output would be for mains..one for sub...so..if i go mains then from yammy to ht input..then to dead?..center can still go from yammy to dread...ahh..i see..sub wont be powered by yammy..therefore..will not mesh into ht?..am i getting warmer on all this!!..lol..thanx for the anticipated help
i dont know if this clears up the sub issue..but..i just re read the manual..it has the option for 2 inputs specifically for this scenario..it can be run into the l/r input for pre..and the lfe for surround...dont know if all subs have that..but it was a nice surprise...will that solve the sub problem
thanx for the input guys...i am clear now..i may post again when the pre arrives...till then..cheers and happy listening