what else do i need to improve sonic performance?

Luxman 550 A II
Harbeth Compact 7 ES3
AZ Hologram II
Rega P5 DV 10x5
Hegel DAC HD11
PS audio PWD
Nordost LS RD

Wondering if I change stock power cables and get power plant cleaner, how much could improve the sonics, certainly I am a novice in the hobby, and always reluctant to spend money in power cables and so on, in fact always used stock pieces,
really appreciate your help.
128x128mountainsong

Showing 1 response by zd542

There's many different ways you can upgrade your system. A couple of people mentioned going with new power cords. I agree that they do make a difference. The one thing I would recommend, though, is to try the cables in your system before you buy them. In many cases, power cords don't make a positive difference. If you don't have a good local dealer that you can use, I would definitely call The Cable Company. They can send you a bunch of different cables that you can demo first. I have been using them for years and have been very happy with the results.

One other thing you may want to consider is upgrading your phono cartridge. I had the 10x5 and thought it was a great sounding product for the money. If you step up to the Dynavector 20x2. I did and think it was well worth the money. If your phono pre can handle it, I would get the low output version.