what dvd player with progressive scan?

hello,would like some recommendations on which player to buy,i've been looking at the philips dvd DQ-50 retail $499,
seem's to be getting some very positive reviews.another on my list is the sony 9000es which i could get for a very good price,and the new sony dps ns900v which retail's for $1200.
and offer's progressive scan and sacd multichannel.the player will be used mainly for HT.video quality is of outmost importance.i thank you in advance for any opinion's and recommendation's.HAPPY HOLIDAY'S
fonsy66

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

Fonsy66:

I second with "Sdcampbell" when it comes to the Pioneer Elite DV-37. An excellent "all-around" player in my own humble opinion. It delivers a superb picture, with superb sound quality to match. I have owned mine for eight months, and I must say that it was one of the best audio purchases I have made in the last fifteen years (my purchase of my Nakamichi BX-300 Cassette Deck back in 1987 takes top honors, with the 2000 purchase of my Magnum Dynalab FT-101 FM Tuner being of honorable mention). I have used it as a DVD Player for the first seven months of ownership, so just like "Sdcampbell", I can attest to its picture quality as well. Right now, I am using it as my main CD Player in my audio system because of its excellent sound quality as well. Sounds WAY (!!!!!!!!) better than my JVC XL-M509 CD Changer (which incidently, is probably my weakest link in my audio system right now). And for an average price of about $700.00, it's not a bad buy either. Don't care to buy a new one??? Then you should be able to find a used one in good condition from around the mid $400's or so. Audiogon has one listed here for $550.00. The Pioneer Elite DV-37 should definitely be one of the players for you to consider on your shortlist.

--Charles--