What do you want from the hobby?

There is a "wonderful" article about a listening experience at "Oswald's Mill",that is beautifully written by Michael Lavorgna!
This can be found on the "Six Moons web-site",under "industry news"(see the latest dated addition of the "mill" sessions).....I LOVED it!!I,also "think" I "got it"!!
The writer REALLY touches upon "something" in his wrap-up of his unique experience,and it almost made me cry(just kidding,but it was quite touching,regarding our wonderful hobby).
Now I am even more aware of the "why" of being so smitten with my "own" take on what I like in my system,as well as why I "SO" enjoy a different,but serious spin from some other interesting yet unique hobbyists' approaches.

I mention this on the analog forum because I know so many folks are "inspired" hobbyists,but mostly I have corresponded with many of you,and just "think" you might enjoy the "theme" of the fine article!

Great read!...On the money postscript!!

Best.
sirspeedy

Showing 1 response by rodman99999

A very interesting read! I certainly envy the owner of that much(many) solidly constructed listening area(s). I totally can relate to the quest of seeing how much can be squeezed out of early technologies(especially tubed gear), and concur that early design/production was done with greater precision, and to closer tolerances than today's(especially with regard to today's tube manufacturers- KR/WE/EAT being the exceptions to that rule. One thing that was missing in the article though: For all the mention of "The Hobby", "Audio", "efficiency", and "power", not once was "The Music" mentioned. I've yet to hear music in a cinema(one of his references) that sounded like what I've experienced in a concert hall/jazz club, with the exception of it's SPL. Are these individuals after the gestalt of live music and it's experience, or older equipment/technology enthusiasts? Not that I feel there is anything wrong with their goal(or anyone else's, whatever may make them happy). One of my best friends restores/collects Edison Phonographs. I WOULD most definitely like to visit the Mill at some point and actually hear the systems. Then again, this is the page that I was reading, and perhaps I missed the "it" that you referred to as having "gotten": (http://www.oswaldsmillaudio.com/about.html)