What Do You Think About This Comment?

It is becoming clear that even speaker manufacturers don't know the outside potential of their designs. They only work up the speakers with a set of components and cannot have a holistic understanding of the potential. Even dealers who make less systems don't know the outside parameters of performance. It's somewhat ignorant, then, to say one has maxed out the speaker's performance, because with consistency in system development a better sound WILL be forthcoming.

The comment is mine, after 13 years of reviewing and elevating performance of speakers. Though I am not going on record yet with extension of the thought, I suspect that it holds true also for components and cables.  :) 
douglas_schroeder

Likely, many speakers which did not impress us initially could become quite desirable if we had the capacity to work with them, to alter the system several times. It's tough to get an absolute read on a speaker - or any other component - from one listen or one system. But, I can. ;)

Doug for many years, I did not work on my Andra, those yrs I did not have the money, the time, and experience, I am just happy I have them.when I started gaining more experience on gears and cables, listening skills, got a good job, then I decided to work on them, buying good cables , gears, now the Andra do sound the way they price them, nothing is automatic in this hobby, but there is a reward at the end , if you do it right....
I think you're right, Doug. With speakers having the most distortion of any piece of gear in the system, getting it down to the the least amount of distortion amounts to task, if not a trek, to achieving the best sound potential. 

All the best,
Nonoise
Some might find this Cable Snake Oil Antidote interesting with respect to LRC, the signal and the system.

Cables affect the sound and the effect is system dependent.

Another's opinion on a cable in a vastly different system may not be valid.