What do you know about Sim Audio amps?

I would like to upgrade my Parasound 2205a amp (220x5). This amp has served me well and is hard to beat for the money, however I would like to go to the next level. My preamp is a B&K ref 30 which I do not currently want to update and I believe will accomadate a high end amp. My speakers are custom made with top of the line scan speak drivers and resemble very good Pro Ac speakers. I am looking for a 3 channel amp or a 5 channel is more ideal and my search has led me to the Sim Titan. I am told that this is basically a 5 channel version of the w-5. Anybody who has listened to these amps (even the w-3)and has compared them with others I would like to hear from you. I have read most of the reviews and are very favorable. Yes it is for home theater but stereo is more important to me! I think that any knock's that the reviewer have are because the amp is being compared to much higher cost amps. Can anyone confirm this? Is this as good as it gets for a 5 channel amp for $6,000.00? Sorry for the lengthy question!!
tennispro

Showing 1 response by whknopp0713

I also think Sim amps are great. Their authority, speed and dynamics should make them a good HT choice. I would also check out the Theta Dreadnaught, which was recommended to me by a reliable dealer who also carries Sim, but I was in his store before the Titan came out.