What do you consider the most musical speakers—$15000 & under

I thought mr_ m brought up a good point when when he said he would pick the most musical over the most accurate. His post was in "Searching for the Most Accurate Speaker under $15000"
zq1

Showing 5 responses by helomech

I recently picked up a pair of humble Vandersteen 1ci and they're far more musical than any Harbeth I've heard.
@hifiman5 ,

I am slack jawed by the Vandy 1cis. I ordered them online, expecting to likely return them because I'm used to $4K Spendors. I'm just amazed at what these Vandys can do for the price, and can't imagine how the 7s must sound.

Now I have the dilemma of deciding whether to step up to 2ce Sig IIs.
^^ Thanks for the input guys. I might have to move my system into a 12×11 bedroom someday, where the 2Cs would be too much. The 1Cs are a bit on the small side for my current man cave, but so are the Spendors. If I didn't keep reading that 2Cs need at least a couple feet from the walls, it'd be an easy choice. Unfortunately, the 2WQ sub won't work with my integrated amp.
@ctsooner ,

Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss. I'm quite content with the 1ci in most respects but curiosity will probably get the best of me. I really dislike booming bass, and that's my main concern with rear firing woofers.
@tomcarr, 

Thanks for the input. I think I'll be keeping the 1Cs for now. They're better than some far more expensive speakers I've auditioned lately and seem to be breaking in well.

Wasn't my intent to hijack this thread, back to the main topic.

What do folks think about the musicality of Thiels? That's another brand I've wanted to hear for a long time.