What do I do with these Cartridges

Hello all,
I've got a couple old Cartridges, a Sumo II MC and a Dynavector Ruby. On both, one of my wonderful children broke the cantelievers some years ago. Today, I listen to mostly computer audio and I have replaced these with an Audio Technica AT440MLA. It is fine for me these days.
Are these worth having repaired? Better to sell them as is? Not worth someone else to buy as is? or a No brainer, YES, get these repaired.
I haven't followed cartridges closely over the years, so I'm fairly clueless of their value. Thanks for your help, Tim
timlub

Showing 2 responses by rodman99999

The Ruby does not sound anything like a 17D. It didn't when they were both brought out(23R-$310.00/17D-$650.00), and the Diamond has been improved, more yet, as of late(17D3 version). Damaged Karat Rubies bring about $50.00(average) on eBay. The Ruby was a good cartridge. The Diamond was/is a great one.
@Timlub- Here's something that you may find of interest: ( http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?t=22847 ) Personally; I would find something more rigid than a cactus needle, though weight is certainly a major factor.