What do I buy? Klipsch vs. Definitive Technology

I need some help. I am looking for a sub to complete my 5.1 setup. I listened to the Def Tech super cubes and was not impressed. I liked the higher end Klipsch's better. I thought the sound range was way better.

My problem is, what do I do with the rest of my system which I want to upgrade anyway? I want them to all match. Currently have the following Def Tech (center channel-clr3000, towers-BP7006). My surrounds are just some old basic Klipsch book shelves, nothing fancy. I picked up the clr3000 last year and was a HUGE upgrade from the previous one I had. Sounds great.

I want a clean looking installation and I don't like the fact that the Def Techs have all the extra power cords. Makes it harder to hide them behind the wall.
Am I making too big of a deal about this? If I get Def Tech surrounds, that is two more power cords right?

I would like to get some opinions on a Klipsch system vs. Def Tech. I'm looking into the Klispch RF-63 Home Theater System as replacement. I would be starting from scratch.

It would be cheaper to just upgrade my surrounds and sub, but I like both brands and I know for sure I am not getting a Def Tech Super Cube subwoofer.
brooks1856

Showing 1 response by aolmrd1241

I listened to the Def Tech super cubes and was not impressed. I liked the higher end Klipsch's better. I thought the sound range was way better

I own the Super Cube Reference by Definitive Tech running in line with my mains,this sub is very precise and musical if set up properly,like any piece of equipment. Me thinks your sound range that you speak of leans more towards a boom boom type of response. If so ,you will never appreciate any type of musical sub.

Go with the Boom Boom. Happy Listening...