What do guys think of the Hyperion HPS-938?

Did anyone get a chance to hear these amazing speakers at the NY Hifi show in April? I was so smitten by the sound eminating from these elegant speakers I bought them right then and there! I thought these were the best sound of the show. I'm a planar guy owning Maggies and Apogees in the past. I also love the sound of stats but could never live their lack of macrodynamics and punch. The transparency of the Hyps are as equal and to some respects better than the planars I have owned. I never thought this was possible from dynamic speakers, no matter the cost. And they were dynamic as hell and most of all MUSICAL. I just melted in the sound. I came back to the same room 5 times during day to make sure I believed what I was hearing. Can't wait to try it out in my system!
dracule1

Showing 1 response by jrwr7

Hey Y'all,

I also listened to the Hyperion speakers at the NY show and they were one of only two speakers I heard that I was still talking about at the end of the day. They did many things right and I did not hear any shortcommings in the limited audition I gave them. If I was not already set for speakers, I would definitly have these and the Von Schweikirt VR-4jr, the other speaker that I found to be very impressive at the show, on my very short list. I would love to have these two sets of speakers side by side for a long A/B test.........John