What direction with new DAC?

I have a DAC2 from Wyred4sound that's a few years old but has given me good service. I want to upgrade and am thinking of buying the DSDSe upgrade for $1500. Reviews have been good. I have little interest in the DSD function but you never know where computer audio may go in the future. I am also, for a bit over $2K going interested in the Schiit Yggy, which also is getting good reviews on many forums.

What's out there in the $2K-$2.5K range in DACS that would be worth the move?
dmm53
What about the Chord Hugo...and there's now a Hugo TT version (same DAC but designed for the home)? People have been saying for a while that you need to spend $7,000 or more to better it and many don't. A completely different chip set and approach which I suspect is going to alter designs going forward. I've just bought a Melco N1A and plugged it directly (USB) into the Hugo (chucked the streamer) and it sounds brilliant. I use the Linn Kinsky app and it works well. For the first time I've heard something that gets close to my vinyl system. My other components are Audio Research Ref 3 and Ref 110 with Sonus Faber Cremonas that I want to upgrade to Wilson Sabrinas. Just a thought.
Thanks. Actually looking at the Chord as well. Always near the to of everyone's lists.
Just an update. caught up in the holidays and haven't made a move yet. For a similar price to the Yggy is the Lampi Amber. Again, impossible to listen to. Anyone with experience listening to both or at least the Amber?

dmm53 The Schitt has a 15 day money back offer, so you can listen for a couple of weeks.

Cheers George

You would likely get a bigger improvement by improving your digital source to reduce jitter.. There are several ways to accomplish this, but your particular DAC has I2S, so a USBConverter like the Off-Ramp 5 that can drive this could be an option.. Also, replacing a computer or transport with a really good server like the Antipodes will make a further improvement.