What direction with new DAC?

I have a DAC2 from Wyred4sound that's a few years old but has given me good service. I want to upgrade and am thinking of buying the DSDSe upgrade for $1500. Reviews have been good. I have little interest in the DSD function but you never know where computer audio may go in the future. I am also, for a bit over $2K going interested in the Schiit Yggy, which also is getting good reviews on many forums.

What's out there in the $2K-$2.5K range in DACS that would be worth the move?
dmm53
"Mapman, isn't this whole hobby built on want instead of need?"

True. But if one truly loves music, or anything for that matter I think there is what might be called an inherent need to be able to get the most you can out of the time you invest, without breaking the bank in the process of course. YMMV in terms of what exactly that entails.

10-27-15: Dmm53
I was not referring to the Yggy as inferior but Really asking if the Wyred Dac2 was. My concern is that I might be pumping money into the upgrade and not getting better technology

If as you stated "I have little interest in the DSD" then for Redbook replay the Schiit Yggy with its Multibit dac should better for Redbook, even if it is a step backward in technology from the WFS dac. Which is only a step forward from the Schitt in technology for DSD replay, not PCM (Redbook)
But I understand that the Schitt with an optional add on board is able to do DSD, how well is another question.
"Upgradability: Fully modular architecture. Separate digital input board, USB input board, DSP engine board, and DAC/analog output boards."

All depends if you want to do DSD, if so, you need a Delta Sigma based dac which the WFS is.

There are now a few R2R Multibits dacs that can give you the best of both worlds DSD or Redbook but they are very expensive 10 to 20 x your budget.

Cheers George
I am definitely leaning towards giving the Schiit a chance and keeping the Wyred until I'm satisfied. Can always sell the Yggy if disappointed. I haven't read anything here or anywhere else that wasn't extremely positive. Little to lose.

Thanks everyone.
What about the Chord Hugo...and there's now a Hugo TT version (same DAC but designed for the home)? People have been saying for a while that you need to spend $7,000 or more to better it and many don't. A completely different chip set and approach which I suspect is going to alter designs going forward. I've just bought a Melco N1A and plugged it directly (USB) into the Hugo (chucked the streamer) and it sounds brilliant. I use the Linn Kinsky app and it works well. For the first time I've heard something that gets close to my vinyl system. My other components are Audio Research Ref 3 and Ref 110 with Sonus Faber Cremonas that I want to upgrade to Wilson Sabrinas. Just a thought.