what did I do to my Oppo/Modwright UDP-205 ?

Like a real fool I unplugged my new umbilical cord I just got from wywires because I was hearing static (I thought it was the new cord) and then plugged it back in with the power supply still on! a few seconds later a loud pop and what looked like a flash, the Oppo still played so I thought I was safe but NO! now I am getting the same pop as the music plays what did I do? 

128x128goofy
Unplug the Oppo and it’s power supply (?—is this an after market PS?) for an hour. Then plug everything in and play a disk. 
That is what I am doing, I did drop new tubes in just in case  so far I played two tracks,it's playing but I am still worried  plus  I am using the original umbilical cord

I must admit I was getting a volume drop at times of the loud pop, I praying I didn't fry something, the thing is I know better than to do stupid stuff like this 
Post removed 
Post removed 
No humor, just put a question out, maybe someone knows what I did, thanks my friend 
@goofy 

I also have the Modwright 205. I also made the same mistake. A small cap blew up in the PS. You will need to send the Oppo and PS 9.0 back to Dan.
Ok thanks, so it's the PS 9.0 not the oppo? I did take the top off the 9.0 nothing that is visible, that I can see, what's strange is I played four tracks before I heard the pop again,  boy what dumb ass I am 
OP
Do Not berate yourself , the best make mistakes, it happens.

As suggested call Dan tomorrow if possible and I suggest leaving everything powered off for now just in case any further accidental damage occurs.

Sorry for your misfortune, it really sucks when you have an issue that you feel was all your fault but....

You did say it was making a static type noise BEFORE you disconnected the umbilical so might not be you at all.
Dan told me not to have the either unit powered up while the umbilicle is not connected. I thought mine was connected but it wasn’t securely connected.
Don't get down on yourself.

I tried arc welding with a Bryston ... mistakes happen to everyone. Everyone except those with short memories, that is.
You will likely have to send both the power supply and the Oppo back to Dan.  When you unplug the umbilical and then re-plug.  When the metal contacts make a connection when you plug it in, it will create a spark/short.  That spark/inrush can damage something in the Oppo tube circuit as well.  So, yeah, never a good idea to disconnect/connect live DC power cords on electronic equipment.