What current speakers to use with Marantz 2230?

DESPERATELY NEED ADVICE

Have Technics 1600 TT and a Panasonic CD changer.

Have budget of $1K for BOTH speakers.

Desire reasonable base and clarity in higher freqs for
LOW to mid volume Folk and classical music.
fredinboise

Used Vandersteen 1c if you can find some. In a small to medium sized room the 2230 has plenty of guts to push them.
Ths364

Sounds like a plan.
Used Vandersteen 1c if you can find some. In a small to medium sized room the 2230 has plenty of guts to push them.
I used a 2240 and 2216 with current era speakers for a number of years. The speakers were all of moderate cost. The best of the lot were the Rega Aras (now R1). Good rich sound, nice bass response. These speakers new go for $700.

Another good match-up were the Omega Super 3, which are single driver speakers. Two very different speakers. The Omegas were exceptional with acoustic and vocal music. These speakers have been upgraded to the Super 3T . These speakers go for $500 a pair.

Lastly, one other speaker I would add to me list are the Ascend Acoustic's Sierra 1 .

Rich
"If it were me, I would opt for some Klipsch Heresy's. They are perfect for the 2230"

I could not agree more. Maybe Klipsch Quartets if you want deeper bass than Heresys can provide.

Bill
If it were me, I would opt for some Klipsch Heresy's. They are perfect for the 2230
Any PSB model is suitable, the new Boston Acoustics A 25 sounds VERY good as well.