What Class D amps will drive a 2 ohm load

Just asking.

I see specs into 4 ohms but nothing into difficult speaker loads (like Thiel CS5's).

Thanks for listening, 

Dsper

dsper
Look at complimentary BJT’s with massive power supplies that I’ve been suggesting for these loads, then look at your Class-D Mosfets usually not complementary as the P channel stinks, then the 8th grade maths don’t mean ****..
This statement is false. One of the advantages of a class D circuit is that since the output devices are only switched on and off, matching the devices is unimportant and the need for a complementary device eliminated. McIntosh
MC2KW is class AB and has 2,000 W in 8, 4 or 2 ohms. In his book it is a bad amp with not enough current because it does not double down too...
Yes- as long as it can behave as a voltage source, doubling power is unimportant. Our amps don't even act as voltage sources and they've been getting awards in the high end press for decades now. Its a common audiophile myth that doubling power is the most important thing about an amplifier when other aspects such as distortion or bandwidth are often far more important. A myopic viewpoint is often limited...

I am so pleased that others with, apparently, endless patience and REAL knowledge, have taken the time to contribute positively to this thread.

For me, it doesn’t matter that some of the posts have been made by suppliers / manufacturers. What matters is the quality of information and the clearly stated reasoning behind their position that the right Class D amp, properly designed and built, will drive heavy-load speakers.

There is an obvious point to me: certainly for EU/UK law, products that don’t do what is claimed will very quickly mean suppliers / manufacturers will be brought to book in the context of trading / consumer legislation. Also, most suppliers presumably rely on reputation. If they supplied goods that didn’t do as claimed, that reputation would be damaged pretty quickly.

To those who have contributed constructively, retaining their cool in the face of substantial provocation, I for one appreciate it.

K (definitely not a seller of hi-fi equipment)
George’s arguments are irrational. For him doubling down power is more important that the absolute power and current the amplifier actually gives.

Sorry but this is wrong, have you ever listened to a pair 25w Mark Levinson ML2’s on a pair of hard to drive speaker like the OP’s? "to a given level" (because they are only 25w after all) they will annihilate any 500w or 1000w Class-D.

This proves that doubling down (current) to below 2ohms into this kind of speaker load is the most important factor for sound quality, not wattage!. ( otherwise we would all own $400 3000W! Behringer NX3000 Class-D’s )
https://www.storedj.com.au/behringer-nx3000-ultra-lightweight-3000w-class-d-power-amplifier

Although if you want to go louder then wattage becomes a factor also, so then the same kind of amp that can double with more watts is needed then.
So you my friend are the irrational one not me.

BTW You’ll never see a pair of ML2’s for sale used as owners die with them!
George’s arguments are irrational.
To which George replied:
So you my friend are the irrational one not me.
George's argument was both incorrect and irrational. This is different from saying that a person is irrational- the principle to use of course is 'attack the argument not the person'. Calling someone else irrational as we see here is a forum violation. In addition, it employed a logical fallacy known as a 'Strawman', since George was trying to say that he had been called irrational when that didn't happen. Logical fallacies are by definition false.

Keep it up Ralph, your not doing your Class-D venture any good service, by trying to pull the wool over people's eyes.

There are far better linear BJT amps around than Class-D's for driving sub 2ohm impedances, all one has to do is look what happens to the Class-D's Stereophile tests when they do 2ohm load testing, some times they don't even try because they know it cant take it.