What Class D amps will drive a 2 ohm load

Just asking.

I see specs into 4 ohms but nothing into difficult speaker loads (like Thiel CS5's).

Thanks for listening, 

Dsper

dsper
You’ve got one of the greats in those Thiel CS5’s dsper, but are seriously hard to drive.

The OP has asked which Class-D can "DRIVE" a 2ohm load, not one that won’t occillate or blow up into a 2ohm load, and not be able to drive it fully.

I’ve seen no Class-D independently tested, be able to come close to doubling it’s 4ohm wattage when presented with 2ohms, and remaining stable and comfortable doing so.

This is a true test of being a great amp that can handle and "DRIVE" speaker loads such as Wilsons ect can present down to below 1ohm, including your Thiel CS5’s, they can go down to .5ohm at 20hz and remain at 2ohms still at 50hz!, and are still under 3ohms all the way up to 200hz!!!

None of the Class-D’s mentioned here will do these great speakers justice at all, the ones suggesting so are all tripping!.

Cheers George.
Nord Acoustics base most of their amps on Hypex and are entirely happy to state those amps will be able to drive speakers at 2ohms.  Independent testing has pros and cons and, having perused several hi-fi forums for some years, I've long since concluded the only "proof" is to demo and listen with your own kit and ears.

Coincidentally, I have the joy of a demo with a pre-amp in 5 days and, assuming the SQ makes me smile, I will need to partner it with a power amp.  A Nord One MP NC252 (entry level) is going to get a run, as is a Mytek Brooklyn Amp (NAD's own C 268 will also be given a whirl as it's there).  All are class D and a friend of mine, with decent ears for detail, rates the Mytek highly.  Just for transparency, my current speakers don't engage the 2ohms issue but future speakers may so that's something I keep in mind.

If the NORD comes close to the Mytek, it will give me the best part of GBP £1,000 for another piece of kit :-) .  In that event, I will exercise great self-control and (probably) not smile smugly at my friend....

@dsper Hope you find what you need / want.
the NC1200mp module can output 38 amps.  March audio has tested his with sine waves at full rated power for 6 minutes without oscillating, not a situation you are likely to get with music.  The Thiels are a horrific load, but I suspect NC1200 monoblocks would be up to the task. It would be interesting to try out.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/march-audio-p701-mono-block-power-amp.6862/#post-152472
George, I think you are probably correct I but had to ask! 

My McCormack DNA-500 does pretty good and I suspect a real improvement is going to cost big bucks.

Dsper.
Yeah your speakers are one of the greats but need a equally great amp to do them justice, especially in the bass.

Those here that say x class-d can, can not show independent test resuts that show the 8ohm wattage doubling to 4ohms and then the most important one almost doubling again from 4ohms down to 2ohms.

This is the true test to see if an amp is able to "drive" properly into 2ohms and in your case .5ohms, and not just make some noise into it.

DESPER a pair of John Curl designed Parasound Halo JC1 monoblocks will do the job nicely, and not cost much used.

Cheers George