What Choice for Nautilus 802

I HAVE BW NAUTILUS802. Y WOULD LIKE TO BUY A MCINTOSH BUT REALLY DONT KNOW WICH ONE TO CHOOSE. SOME PEOPLE ADVISE ME THE MC2102 AND OTHER PERSONS MC402. I APPRECIATE CLEAR SOUND AND DEEP BASS ALSO. IS THERE ANYONE WHO COULD ADVISE ME. THANKS. EXCUSE MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
nshsc7515
I've heard the 2102 -- sounded great. Here's a suggestion: If I were you, I would consider buying two of them and using them as 200 watt monoblocks. The N802's will need some major juice to get them singing
and the 2102's used as monos would do the trick.
I have a McIntosh MC-352 which I use with Vandersteens.At a dealer I heard it with the speakers you have,and it sounded wonderful.Currently some on sale on the Gon at good prices.Another choice is the McIntosh MC-501 monos if you feel you need more power.
Might want to call Frank Gow at Audio Classics in Vestal New York ... 607-766-3501 ... if you do not recognize the name, he is the son of one of the founders of McIntosh.
Try one MC-352. If it still isn't enough juice, monoblock the first one, and buy another. MC-352s can be had for about $2,500-$2,700 and double for a monoblocked set.
Much better than the 501s, IMO.
I have the N802's and run them with an MC-352. It's a very good combination. The Mac 402 or 602 are excellent with
N802's as well. The 802's do need plenty of power to sound
their best.
I can't speak for McIntosh, but what ever amp you decide on make sure it's at least 200 watts per channel high current. I have N802's. Started with a 155 watt per channel crown DC300A. They sounded okay. I then Bi amped them with two crowns. That made them sing at approx 300 per speakers. Couldn't leave well enough alone so I went to a PSA pushing 400 per speaker. That really brought them to life.I spoke to a B&W engineer there feelings is the more clean power you give them the better.
Happy listening