What CD player/transport has the most stable mechanism?

I was wondering if someone out there could help me with this question. What CD player/transport has the most stable mechanism? By that I mean, what player/transport isolates the player from external bumps and vibration?
For years I have owned a SOTA sapphire turntable. Not that I've tried it, but you can drop a bowling bowl on it and not cause a skip. Is there a CD equivalent? No one talks about this, but for me, it's hugely important. I'm asking about vintage equipment, new stuff, cheap, expensive, whatever. BTW, I'm not asking about isolation equipment or racks or anything like that. Just the intrinsic stability of the player itself. Thanks in advance!
hgonzal
Good question, I knew someone would ask.  It's because I like to dance when I listen to music, and when I do, the CD skips.  I also use my telescope from the roof, and you can see the every day vibration through the eyepiece.  Seems to me that isolation is something that isn't taken as seriously as it probably should be.  BTW, I live on a busy city street and you can feel it when a bus or truck drives by.

Thanks for the tip about the Esoteric line.  I was looking at that, but I hate dropping big coin on technology that's about to become obsolete.  Years ago I sold my Tandberg tape player for that very reason.  But hey, sometimes to have to pay to play.  I just wish, when you read reviews on digital equipment, they would talk more about this topic.  I find that it is largely ignored.  Thanks again!
I would assume a belt driven mechanism such as this from BMC or this from CEC would also deal with this issue?

But personally I'd invest in a Townshend Seismic platform and make the problem go away 
IMHO, i would look into some of the vintage Sony ES series from 1980 or around there. Build like tanks, most of these weight around 35,40 pounds , and the chassis is extremely well built. Plus, they sound pretty good and are fairly affordable.
Like I said, MHO.

hgonzal---The stability of a transport is one thing, it's ability to provide isolation from external bumps and vibration another. Though you're not asking for info on isolation equipment, that is exactly what will provide you with what you are looking for.

The best are the microscope platforms by Newport and MinusK, but they cost in excess of $2000. A "medium" priced alternative is what folkfreak recommended, the Seismic Platform by Townshend Audio of England, priced under $1000. Cheaper yet, and just as good, is a trio or quartet of Townshend Seismic Pods, individual footers that come in different weight ratings. Details are available on the Townshend website, as is a video discussing and demonstrating the effectiveness of the Seismic products.

If you're a DIYer, you can make an airbearing isolation platform by putting a very slightly inflated inner tube between two planks of wood, MDF, granite, whatever. If you then put a trio of roller bearings on top of that, and your CD transport/player on top of them, you will have very effective isolation down to 5Hz or so, at relatively low cost.

The old rubber isolators, Sorbothane and Navcom, provide isolation down to a not-very-low frequency, and their use results in rather soft, "spongy" bass. Isolation cones and spikes are also good down to the mid-teens or slightly lower---not low enough. Below that frequency they act as couplers, not isolators.

As @bdp24 mentions above, isolation could help you "get by" with a less expensive CDP.
Another alternative for the DIYer is a sandbox isolation platform.

http://www.cognitivevent.com/sandbox.html