What cartridge for VPI and SOTA

I have a dilemma here. I have a VPI Scout with the 9" tapered tone arm and am getting a SOTA Sapphire with an SME 309 arm. I have a Shelter 901 MkII and a Dynavector XX-2 MkII and do not know which one I should pair with what table.

The SOTA will be on my BAT all tube system (including the P5 tube phono) with Sonus Faber Liuto speakers. The VPI will be with the new ModWright tube preamp and 100 SE amp. The Mod has the tube phono built in to it. The speakers are Totem Hawks for now but am contemplating a nice monitor for this system.

Any input/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Rich
ksl822

Showing 2 responses by ksl822

Thanks for the advice.

I was leaning towards that and you all seemed to have confirmed my suspicions!

Happy listening!
The reason for my dilemma is that I own the Shelter, Dynavector and Benz cartridges and am trying to get a feel as to where I should start the combos. From the general consensus, I will start with the Shelter in the SME/SOTA setup. I have the Benz set up with the VPI, but the pairing with my BAT/SF Liuto system seems a little thick, so I will try the Dyna here and see what happens.

I also purchased an extra headshell for the SME 309 to make my "auditioning" easier.

Thanks and happy listening.
Rich