what can I get by with?

I'm considering taking the plunge into SET ( 845 or 300B ). At the moment I have a pair of Meadowlark Kestral speakers at 86 db sensitivity that are rotting away in the closet :) Anyone try these with SET? I'm thinking only 8 or 9 watts will be tough. But how about 15 or more?

thanks in advance!
kt_88
Dang! My internet conncetion has been going up and down lately. Too bad I'm still not employed at my local cable company, I would have it running as smooth as a SET amp :) Well anyway-

I'm not going to look for different speakers for a bit. But when I do..... I would look for something similar to my Meadowlarks. But something more sensivite, maybe time coherent? Anything out there?

As far as SET I will look for something American made. I'm assuming that stuff coming out of China I see on ebay would be a disappointment. I would love to try something like a cary 805C but it is out of my price range ( even used ) at the moment.

Anyone have a suggestion on a 300b or 845 in the 15-24 watt range, say about $3500-$6000 new?

thanks for all the suggestions!
i think the made in china 'assumption' is foolish, but if you can find a tube amp with every part made in usa or similarly politcally correct countries go for it... i respect your choice. russian tubes? silver mined in mud pits in brazil by child slaves etc. just kidding , but seriously, electrical components are not anything mystical as you know. as far as e bay. that is a different discussion. interested in selling the hot rods?
I should rephrase the statement about China. I was referring to some of the " fly by night " outfits that are using low quality parts. I speak from experience as I once lived in China. But for what it's worth, I am prone to be " not politically correct " And since I'm not running for a government office, I don't really care so much if I say the politically correct thing. We Americans are caught up in our words, when it should be we do that defines us, not what we say. Was it Abe Lincoln that once said? " You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people, all of the time. Well something like that. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone here will correct me :) We just can't stand letting someone think differently, don't ya know!

The hot rods are not worth much as the veneer is loosening on one, and there is a 5 " scratch on the other. So rather than sell them for a song. I decided to just enjoy them :)