What can beat Wilson XVX for less money?

If you have heard xvx what speakers have you heard that are better for less money? Seems Jay just got XVX and can't help but wonder if there are speakers that perform better for example for $100k or less. Including used.

smodtactical

Showing 4 responses by carey1110

I ve also heard that the Alexx V is better thatn the XVX in many ways but the XVXs have larger scale. I’m very familiar with Alexx V and it is phenomenal but have not heard the XVX so this is speculation. There is a couple YouTubers that are showing the XVX but so far I haven’t been impressed. The XVX has so many drivers to line up that you could get some smearing if not setup perfect or in the right room.  I’d opt for the Alexx V for less money and maybe even beat the XVX?   I think the XVX has the older tweeter the Alexx V has the newer one.

@simonmoon  the op asked if there were any speakers that may be better than the XVX, less that $100k used. He didn’t exclude other Wilson’s. So if he liked the XVX the Alexx V may be a solution under $100k used. I agree live concerts are a must and you probably have a good ear for what sounds real. People that regularly attend live performances especially orchestra type have a real advantage when it comes to judging an audio system.