what are your top "audio bargins" in your system history?

It is great to have all the money you need to have the best and endless upgrading.  But what about the components you've had that were inexpensive that turned out to be favorites of yours?

jusam

I paid a dollar for about as mint as it gets of Beethoven's nine symphonies, Karajan/ Berlin on a tulip bordered Deutsche Grammophon box set, most sides not even a pop on them.

$40.00 for an unopened box set of the 58-65 Solti / Vienna Wagner Ring.  I have only seen two sets, one nice condition, the other acceptable, and any other set, trashed.  I almost wet my pants when I saw it, an unopened box as I wasn't even shopping for music.

I wonder if the SL600's I donated to the local thrift store ever found an appreciative home. I wonder, too, how long the tweeters lasted, or if the new owner even gave a damn.

Plinius 8150 Integrated Amp

Parasound Halo Integrated

2 world beaters at their price point...especially used.

A few great examples but highlights:

Turntable 1998: Garrard 401 with SME arm, free, someone put out with their rubbish, no lead but Len Wallis Hi Fi in Sydney found me an old one, also for free.

Amplifier: current Cayin CS55a, list $3700, closing down sale special $1900, Denis White Adelaide. Given so much soundstage with Audio Physic Sitara 25's.

Speakers 2005: Audio Physic Yara 2, list $2700, stored in wrong box for 5 years, never used, Sydney Hi Fi $1000. Replaced 20 year old Royd Doublets.

Headphones: current Focal Clear list $2200, special from Addicyed to Audio Adelaide, $800. Astounding. Was never a headphone user, now my component of choice.

Streamer: current Lindemann Limetree Bridge, list $1450, sale $1000, Hi Fi Collector, Adelaide Hills, nice great combination with Denafrips Ares 2.

There are always bargains out there.

Norh le amp mono $400 Norh mine synthetic marble $900 from Thailand by Michael Barnes. KLH model nine,Icon ps3 phono pre at TMRaudio.Raysonic Tube Tube cdp from Paradygm audio dealer. Krell krc preamp from Saturday audio in chicago.Elac B6 .