what are your top "audio bargins" in your system history?

It is great to have all the money you need to have the best and endless upgrading.  But what about the components you've had that were inexpensive that turned out to be favorites of yours?

jusam

McIntosh C27 pre for $599 including walnut case (used) just before their price started to skyrocket

Advent/1 speakers (pair) for $90 (closeout)

Dual CS 5000 turntable with nearly new Shure V-15 Type 5-MR for $350 (used)

Sherwood S-7600 receiver (1970) with case for $125 (closeout) 

APT Holman preamp in trade for TEAC C-3X cassette deck

Installed 2 dedicated 20 amp circuits for $250, best bang for the buck decision I ever made.

About 1973.  Marantz 105 tuner, $45, brand new, at a Navy Exchange somewhere in the Med.  They had a stack of them that needed to be moved out, and my ship happened to be in port.  Several of my shipmates grabbed one too, after I passed the word.

Still have it and it's working fine!

Lovely Thread, this is news I can use. I like my Mapleshade Speaker Wire, They don't look like much but for the money they out perform everything I have tried in the (lower) price range. I added some cheap bananas and I use them with my SS/ Harbeth 30.1.

Thorens TD150 mkII turntable - a gift when my brother was cleaning out his garage.

AR turntable - bought used for $50 in 1980

Wharfedale Diamond 12.0 bookshelf speakers - the overall capability of these speakers would have been unheard of at this price point only a few years ago.

Chord QuteHD dac - bought used, when combined with MCRU linear power supply, this is the biggest single performance/price bargain I’ve found yet.