What are you streaming tonight?

As we are in the modern age of music I thought I would see how this fares.
We have threads specific for cdp and tt so why not streaming as it is a modern media.
I don't care if you stream Tidal, Deezer, Spotify, Paradise Radio or any number of internet stations.
I would like you to share your tastes and method of streaming.
128x128uberwaltz

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

@16f4 ya man, same same
it is a nice departure from my well worn memory... caught myself saying... hey that’s a new song.... ha

Uber I streamed the new Joan yesterday - dig it. I quite like her gritty side

I like Radio Paradise and have it on when I have task stuff to do. They have some great Joan songs in the play algorithm or curation and they always stop me dead in my tracks and then I play the CD off my server.... she is for sure the real deal and I love a few of her Dylan cuts.,,

I could listen with rapture as she read off the nuclear launch codes...
Well apparently we are all old geezers 20 th Aniversary 2LP of Relish due out, get mine from Bezos on 10/2. It’s a long tortured story .....
Uber: that is apples to apples and all about information per unit of tape. Less info per inch of tape or inch of groove. Additionally for vinyl with 12” 45 the distance between cut grooves can be spaced much further which allows for better bass.

i was tempted to buy a derelict cutting lathe about ten years ago to learn... glad I didn’t do that...
Dumping anything to tape without careful level matching will get you hooked on several things:

gain
a little low end bump
a whisker of high end roll off (16 k and up )
bit of saturation and harmonics your ear brain likes...

u can get some of the same effect w a high end Casa deck for a lot less $$ ( tape )

B-77 high speed half track in the mobile recording rack....

I discovered this in 1983 with a Dokorder 4 track deck with needle drops of The Band (Rock of  Ages ) and the studio tech / recording engineer took me thru it bit by bit....

fun stuff, gain is like crack - or so they say...
Steely Dan - Two Against Nature ( Qobuz 96x24 )

yowsa... this is just stellar.....
Uber what a nice diplomatic reply :-)

I too have a map of the world from 1985, it seems to be missing things, millions of things..... alas 
the problem is like 4 similar threads....its about the music hot the freaking format..but anyway..

streaming

Ten Ft. Ganja Plant - Shake up The Place

love this band....with a margarita.....
well I guess Lowell and the white painters coveralls is on the out now.... dang

turns out I am 73% Welsh....the rest is muttly....
Coco Montoya - Songs From the Road :-)
great bluesman.....

from the server

and a Teddy Pardo Linear Power supply will fix just about any wall wart trash / hash generator.... of course YRMV

@reubent I love radio paradise
great for finding new stuff

i am listening to my server

Mike Zito - Pearl
River......
@uberwaltz.  dna testing....easy $100
opened up a world of distant cousins....

anyway

listening to Wayfaring Strangers - This Train off the server...

maybe Kinks next...
Joni - Miles of Aisles..... from the server....

next up on deck : Los Angeles Guitar Quartet - ditto
back in Surf City....where I reply more on Tidal..

streaming Banga by Patti Smith

just finished Gillian Welch - Soul Journey....

not sure what comes next....
safe travels Uberwaltz......Delta, may have built a jet or three for them.....FLY high !!!!

Streaming Tony Joe White ( RIP) on Tidal - Rain Crow...funky and very bluesy...freaking awesome.....
@uberwaltz.  we caught Alison Brown a week or so ago at Museum of Making Music here in Carlsbad, she is bad A player !!!  My wife and she went to University together, so they had fun catching up post show....fun
streaming Tap Root thru Tidal.....suddenly overcome with a desire for a car with rich corinthian leather....
@uberwaltz and n80..... me also.....i spun it a few times on reciept.....also did you notice the massive SQ difference between sides.....i will let you decide which one has zip air and treble.....

guess i wait to catch them live in May, they have never never disappointed there.......
Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue 
Jesse Sykes - Oh My Girl
.....not sure where the server will take me next....
@n80. right you are...got The Marcus King Band ( ST ) spinning from server, very tasty.....

next up

Damon Fowler...
Cotton Jones - Paranoid Cocoon ( Tidal is jacked up about 2 db over Qbuzz, but Q sounds better...

@grey9hound  thankss for the referral, good tunes...
Greg - my thoughts exactly.... Janis says to Tom “ well, I’m not supposed to be here either “...it sucks..

Wildflowers is sounding mighty, mighty fine....
new buddy turned me on to both:

Heart of the Congos 40th anniversary 

and 

Alice Coltrane - Ptah the El Doaud 
Tori Amos - American Doll Posse

she is so cool

off a bit perfect rip of the CD on my NAS
I am lumping serving and streaming together, boot my carcass off the thread IF...

Rosanne Cash - The River & The Thread

wav file off the Synology backup of my Naim userve, sounds fantastic 
On the subject of Jackson, try the two solo acoustic live albums and his seminal Love is Strange - em vivo con tino 

Looking East has been my theme song since November 2016
Fri.... chk... where have I been ????streaming Jellyfish on Tidal now, mint low price LP is €65 and then shipping from Germany...

love it, tight band for sure