What are the top 3 USB cables being used today in reference systems?

I am looking for a highly rated USB cable that stands head and shoulders above the rest. Is there such a cable?
128x128glory

Showing 3 responses by mike2019

Hi

I was just curious as to the process by which the cable physically rearranges the bit-stream to make the music sound different. I had assumed that USB cables are pretty dumb wires that just carry a signal.

I have been data network designer for some years and even I didn’t realise that some USB cables could ‘read and rearrange’ the data that they are carrying and make the sound, for instance, ‘warmer’. I guess that is why they are so ridiculously expensive.
Sorry fyud, you just wasted $650  on the cable that you could have used on components that will make a difference to the fidelity of your sound
I would listen to astelmaszek if I were you. spend the money on wine (I recommend a good vintage port)

On a standard USB cable you may, given the known incidence of bit errors, hear a tiny, millisecond 'click' about once every 70 or 80 hours of use but there is no way that a cable (some wire) could possibly affect the fidelity of a piece of digitally encoded music travelling across it.

Please stop thinking analogue audio connections.

You want me to believe that this cable can extract the digital bit-stream from the analogue, then decode the music from the digital stream, then apply it's 'enhancements' to the music, then re-encode it to digital, then convert back to analogue, then pass it to the DAC.

These companies rely on

1) The thousands of audio lovers who spent years of thinking analogue, where the cable can make a difference.

2) customers believing the 'reviewers' (Those guys who have never given an expensive piece of equipment a bad review, and just happen to have an identifiable link to make your purchase).

3) people will never admit to having been fleeced

4) A cable that just cost a months salary will definitely sound better

And all of this after one of the major cable companies was caught red handed cheating in a demo to make their cable sound better, because they knew it wa impossible

Some say that if somebody is rich enough and/or gullible enough and/or misinformed then who cares. Well I care. I would still try to stop a billionaire from buying a 'special' USB cable or a 'USB Purifier' or a 'special' HDMI cable. None of them make any difference whatsoever