What are the best speakers you have ever owned and why?

I just recently recieved my long awaited Shahinian Diapason 2’s from Vasken And they are absolutely spectacular! This got me thinking about my long journey to get here. Bless my wife for putting up with the many many many speakers that have passed through. The lifelong saga began with Magneoan MG 1’s back in college which were replaced by Dahlquist DQ 10’s. Then we traveled down a long road of speakers and systems. Magnepan Tympanis, Misson 770, Randall Rsch DQ10’s, Quad ESL single and stacked, Acoustat II, rogers LS3/5A’s, Linn Isobarik’s (2 pairs) B&W 801 Matrix, Hales Signature, Martin Logan Monolith2, Apogee Scintilla (1 ohm) Apogee Full Range, Theil SC 5A, Egglestonworks Andra, B&W Nautilius 801,Quad 63 and some I’m sure I forgot! Each speaker had its virtues and flaws but oh what a fun and a times frustrating trek! I think I have finally found my speaker to take me to retirement they do everything that I value wonderfully . They are detailed without sounding so, very dynamic, they have great low end reach, power and detail, are open sounding like a planner, their tonality and timbre seem spot on and they sound wonderful on any kind of music. Tell me about your journey!
hamr
One of the great systems I used to listen to a lot was centered on a pair of Duntech Sovereigns, owned by a friend in the late '80s (he passed away in 1991) driven by Krells. Bass string tone and scale on a good jazz recording was lifelike as was the weight of a full orchestra. I was a Quad ESL listener then, and very picky about the midrange. That big Duntech could deliver across the entire spectrum, maybe not quite as spooky as the Quad in the mids, but everything else, with far fewer limitations- we used to have these marathon listening sessions that would start at noon, and go through dinner. Fond memories of that speaker. 
Energy 22. Bought new in 1982 and still going strong. Great off axis response. Accurate. 

This thread should be "what speakers have you owned". If you list a speaker as the best why did you have to buy the other 3, 4, 5, 6, etc. pair?
McIntosh XRT-28.
My all time favorite.
Crystal clear highs, beautiful mids and enough bass with the right amps to drive them. And to me they're just plain gorgeous.
There a couple pairs I can't seem to.part with not seriously highend equipment but just has soft spots in my heart and depending on what I was to hear and details in music I go back and forth. I can't seem to get rid of the dahlquest dq-10s, the Yamaha ns-2000s and I somehow seem to be a collector of NS-1000s (6 pairs, I promise they find me, I don't search them out) the klipsche Belle, jbl 4430s with reworked upgraded crossovers. And finally the JBL Everest's. I know there are much better brands and prob sound amazingly better, but these are speakers that I just can't seem to part with for some reason or another.