What are the best speakers you have ever owned and why?

I just recently recieved my long awaited Shahinian Diapason 2’s from Vasken And they are absolutely spectacular! This got me thinking about my long journey to get here. Bless my wife for putting up with the many many many speakers that have passed through. The lifelong saga began with Magneoan MG 1’s back in college which were replaced by Dahlquist DQ 10’s. Then we traveled down a long road of speakers and systems. Magnepan Tympanis, Misson 770, Randall Rsch DQ10’s, Quad ESL single and stacked, Acoustat II, rogers LS3/5A’s, Linn Isobarik’s (2 pairs) B&W 801 Matrix, Hales Signature, Martin Logan Monolith2, Apogee Scintilla (1 ohm) Apogee Full Range, Theil SC 5A, Egglestonworks Andra, B&W Nautilius 801,Quad 63 and some I’m sure I forgot! Each speaker had its virtues and flaws but oh what a fun and a times frustrating trek! I think I have finally found my speaker to take me to retirement they do everything that I value wonderfully . They are detailed without sounding so, very dynamic, they have great low end reach, power and detail, are open sounding like a planner, their tonality and timbre seem spot on and they sound wonderful on any kind of music. Tell me about your journey!
hamr
Since 1975,,in no particular order:

Lafayette somethings
Micro Acoustic 
Klipsch Cornwall
Klipschhorns
ML Monolith with active crossovers
B&W 802 Nautilus
Revel Ultima Salon 1
Wilson Maxx 2
Magico Q3

Needless to say, I am sure that I am forgetting more than a few and this list only covers the main system. 

1.) Realistic Optimus 10’s with passive radiator
2.) Jensen system 400’s 3 way
3.) B&W dm 602 s3
4.) Dali zensor 3
5.) Wharfedale Denton 80th anniv.
6.) Wharfedale diamond 10.1
7.) Wharfedale diamond 225’s (faves)
8.) Harbeth p3esr
9.) Spendor s3/5r2

I wish I still had the optimus 10 and jensens......

My modest list:

JBL L110 - (bought new, wish I had never sold them)

Monitor Audio MA 700 Gold - (after many years one woofer went bad. I was naïve enough at the time to think I could not repair/replace. Foolishly sold them but they had me hooked on British 2-way Stand mounted speakers)

North  Creek Audio Borealis - (customer made two way speaker similar to Proac Response 2.5. I could never get them to work in my room/system)

Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures - (traded the North Creek's for these. Tried really hard to like them, but again, in my room they just did not work. I moved them into a large room and they sounded fantastic, but that was not the room they needed to be in)

Dynaudio Audience 42 - (These are amazing little speakers. Very musical and dynamic. I have them in a second system and will never sell them.

Harbeth C7 III - (Now we are talking. Bought used on a late night whim. Loved them. They worked wonderfully in my room in my system. I added a JL Audio D110 sub to round out the bottom end.)

Harbeth M30.1 - My current speaker. They are wonderful speakers. They are an improvement over the C7 but not by a great deal. I could have happily lived with the C7s but had an opportunity to get a great overall deal on new 30.1s while selling my C7s for more than I paid. Still using the JL Audio sub as well. It is very tight and fast, so it can keep up with the Harbeths.

So you can tell that I gravitate toward refined 2-way speakers. To my ears they are a perfect, effective and pure sound.

My favorite over my 50+ years of this hobby is my current pair of Vandersteen Quatro CTs.  It is difficult to pinpoint any particular quality that make these speakers stand out.  The overall music presentation is such that I am drawn in for hours of listening. 
Well, I'm old and retired and don't have a ton of money.  The mint condition Dahlquist DQ10's I picked up last summer for $375.