What are the best speakers for Mac MA252?

Under $2,500 including sub woofer (mono output).
wasab1

Showing 2 responses by gabor2525

Just bought that amp to replace some older Anthem separates.They were the lowest models  back then in year 1998.Of course, I matched them with some Paradigm Studio Reference 100s and it was a terrific combo.I  regret trading  those speakers for newer Paradigm Studio 20s...

Recently ,I needed to "downsize" my components to lighten weight due to physical problems.

Because I am very bias towards the Canadian made Paradigms I chose the Paradigm Prestige 75F to match the MA 252.

I was advised to add a DAC,because of the Mc Intosh lack of a decent one....(my knowledge of digital components is weak...).

The 75Fs sound great with the MA 252.

One problem with this calibre of integrated amp:one really hears the obvious sound difference between some of the older CDs(sometimes coded AAD) and those that are recently  digitally re mastered.
I guess my old Anthem set up did not discern  this difference, so it's something to get used to..

Other speakers that I researched:Focal 936s.I am really intrigued by the ELAC speaker brand and was unable to audition any here in my area.
I would check those out.I believe you can get a lot of speaker for $2500 buying a high end Elac tower.

Have Fun!

Gabe 

Oh ,I forgot that I added a 12 inch Paradigm sub.
To the last poster:

I owned a pair of Focal 905s which were the first speakers that were matched with the MA 252.Pretty good but I think a floorstanding speaker is more versatile.