What are the best loudspeakers under $4000 to re-create lifelike piano

Over the past 4 months I've spent time with five loudspeakers.  On a scale of 1-10 I'd rate them as follows in their ability (with my equipment in my room) to recreate a lifelike piano.  Tekton Lore - 6.5 (great scale but tonal accuracy and clarity somewhat lacking),    Kef LS50 - 7.0 (moderate scale but slightly better clarity and tonal accuracy)  Kef R500 - 8.0  (great scale and very good clarity and tonal accuracy), Spatial Audio M3TurboS -8.1 (great scale and very good clarity and tonal accuracy and very smooth)  Magnepan 1.7i - 9.0 (very good scale with excellent clarity and tonal accuracy - very lifelike).

In your room with your equipment, what loudspeakers are you listening too and how would you rate them for their ability to recreate a lifelife piano and if possible a few comments as to why?
snapsc

Showing 1 response by avanti1960

I love the sound of the piano that my Harbeth C7ES3s produce.  Very natural and life like depending on the quality of the recording  and source of course. 
Joni Mitchell records sound amazing, as does the David Bowie "Alladin Sane" album.  So do certain Bill Evans, Oscar Petersen and Thelonious Monk recordings among others.  The Harbeths can deliver like no other speaker I have owned.