what are the Best Direct to amps Digital Players ?

Hi, I have had two tube digital players, one solid state in 14 months,I like the sound of alot of tube players, However, It always seems that tube players have problems!, These days, alot of solid state players out perform the tube players in every way!, Tube or solid state, what is the best sounding, most reliable, all cost points!, Digital that can be used direct to amplifiers?,, Thankyou!
128x128audiolabyrinth

Showing 1 response by gocubs999

Most of the posts I have browsed through indicate the K-01 is a 10%-20% improvement over the K-03. If that is true then I can say with relative confidence that picking up a K-03 w/ BelCanto's RefLink USB Converter ($1,500) gets you very close to the performance of the K-01. That is if you plan to use the K-03 for Computer Audio playback. I conducted an A/B comparison using the RefLink and without (Using the Audioquest Carbon USB's). There is a noticeable difference in soundstaging, transients, and dynamic range when using the RefLink vs running straight from the headless Mac Mini to the Async USB input on the K-03. It simply removed additional digital artifact then without. In fact, I would recommend getting a high quality USB converter for anyone who has a K-03 or K-01. Finding a local dealer that can provide a demo unit would be a sound choice to determine if you experience the additional improvement I have experienced.