What are best hi efficiency speakers under $1000?

I'm moving soon and will need to change my setup a bit. I'm using a Luminescence preamp with a vintage Luxman tube amp. I listen to a lot of records and I love the sound of this system. For about 17 years, I've listened to this system with a pair of 46 year old Bozak "Urban" speakers. They've got a great big sound, but they are big physically too (24" x 24" x 20"). I need to get a bit smaller, at least in width. I need to find something that is efficient due to my rig, and can still deliver a big sound (10" or 12" woofer would be good here). I'm okay with buying used also - preferrably under $1,000. I've considered Klipsch Heresys, but I've never heard these. Any suggestions on decent speakers that conform to this profile? thanks for any help in this regard...
jimsharpe

Showing 1 response by worcester1

the Omega XR3S are far better then the Klipsch
I owned the heresy which is a decent speaker the Hemp
driver is just so much more natural and for under $1200
it is a steal just check out their finishes alone, they make a Hemp powered sub for under a $1000 that you can get at a later date in a beautifull
hand veneered cabinet ,this way the wife has no complaints
and the Bass is Articulate with a capital A. Once you hear em there is a excellent chance you would buy them ,and a 10 yr warranty -made in the U.S.A is a big bonus.