what amps/subwoofers are you using for Magnepan LRS?

apologies as I've scoured online for specific pairings regarding amp/subwoofer combos and can't seem to find too many within the various threads
I've seen amp recommendations in the form of Hegel h90, Rogue Sphinx and Crown XLS
Sub recommendations seem to be diverse, from what I gather small sealed subs and REL's are popular

what are your proven combos that you use?

audiocanada

Showing 1 response by lsc2449

I set up a pair of LRS on stands I build for the speaker. I spent over 2 hours fine tuning the speakers. The owner had all PS Audio Stellar components. The Stellar Gain Cell seemed a good match for the dual mono Stellar amplifiers. The Mono Block Stellars provide 700 watts be each unit. The sound of the LRS with the Stellar was musical, transparent and non-fatiguing. After fine tuning the speakers on the new stands the image focus and hall ambiance abilities of the amplifiers became more apparent. On good recordings the soundstage width expended well past the outside of the LRS. PS makes a less expensive stereo version that will probably drive the LRS effectively. The PS might be worth checking out for those in search of alternate electronics.