What amp for B&W 803 MATRIX S2 fronts for HT only?

Hello,
I was looking to get some older matrix series 2 fronts to use as my front sound stage for Home Theater only. No music. I currently have a Pioneer Elite 92 txh. It has "pre outs" for the fronts. So... IF i get these speakers should I

1) Just use my current a/v receiver and bi-amp them?
2) Use the "pre-outs" on my A/V and suppliment with one or two separate amps for these speakers? IF so, what amps? I was thinking more used type amps.

I do not think I will get into the "pre amp, amp, separates just yet.

Thank you,
Bill
Thank you for the information
baranowski

Showing 3 responses by baranowski

I ment the bi-amp. my elite allows for this. but also allows for seprates. I like the "older" amp and more bang for the buck ideas. That is more of what I am looking for. although my hearing is not all that good, I would still like quality. The "used" market is great for a buyer now and I thought it was time to change out my CDM1's for somthing else, although these speakers are a few years older than my CDM'S I have been told the MAtrix 803's series 2 would be a "VAST" improvement over what I have. Any thoughts or comments on the change in speakers?
My set up is old. B&W cdm1's front and 602's rear. My center tweeter broke that is what started me looking. My rooom is a dedicated HT room. about 25' by 25' but i use the other half for billards. I have Large commercial grade JBL's for stereo listening and they are amp't by themselves. I have a pioneer elite 92txh that have "pre outs" for addtional amps. I know the aps for the 801's need to be big and bad and will cost lost of $. I was hoping tofind some used stuff to make it work. I believe that these speakers are designed WAY more for listening 2 channel. what who be a great price for the 801's?