What am I missing streaming music with a Node 2i

Just getting my feet wet with some separates and better speakers. I started out streaming Tidal through a Marantz AVR and needed something to stream to the preamp and went low dollar with a Bluesound Node 2i. It sounds good and all I plan on doing is streaming, I'm not planning on ripping CD's or tying into a PC. Do I need to spend more on streaming equipment or will this get it done?
Ag insider logo xs@2xmastercraft1990

Showing 8 responses by mastercraft1990

So what’s a good DAC to pair with it? To answer the question about streaming, so far I’ve been building playlists and saving albums on Tidal and have been listening to some of the Blues radio stations on the Node. I just took delivery on a set of Double Impact towers with a center.  Anything that starts that many fights had to find it’s way into my system. I like the sound and they should get better with time. My preamp has a HT bypass so my 2 channel is also part of a 5.0. 
Hadn't really thought about it too much, I would probably buy used, that's what all my recent purchases have been. what does a 1000.00 get you in a used DAC?
Looks like there are plenty of upgrades you can add at a later date.  Looks like a possibility for tinkering.
I have a Odyssey Statos stereo amp with upgrades, a Odyssey Candela preamp and Tekton Double Impact’s with upgrades. All of this equipment will garner the love / hate conversations!  
The Teac NT-505 looks really appealing because of the ability to hook it up directly to the amp. There is also a lot of options for hooking up different digital sources, a NAS and flash drives + headphones. My tube amp uses RCA's and the Teac uses XLR connections. I'm going to ask a possibly stupid question, can I have them both hooked up to the amp at the same time and turn on the one I want, the tube pre will be relegated to phono duty only after I sell the Node 2i.
The Marantz SR 5012 is for surround sound with tv only. I have a Odyssey Stratos stereo amp and Odyssey Candela tube preamp for 2 channel listening. The Candela has a HT bypass so I can use the mains for the fronts in the surround setup. I am running the Node through the Candela as well. What I'm proposing is using the SE inputs for the Candela and the Balanced for the NT-505 on the same amp. It doesn't sound right to me but I don't want to run the NT-505 through the Candela.